cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV guide and live freeview TV freezing

Every time I navigate to TV Guide or a live Freeview channel it freezes and restarts. It's been doing it for a few days now. Things I've tried... 

1. Restart

2. Unplug

3. Factory reset

None of these have worked. The apps are all working fine it's just TV guide and live Freeview that's freezing. My broadband is also working perfectly fine. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also had this problem for several days. A factory reset after a broadband reset finally fixed it. What a pain. Best of luck.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

How about a fresh retune of the Freeview channels in the NowTV Smart box menu settings and before a rescan of the TV channels maybe reconnect the TV  aerial again on the back of the NowTV box ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Also maybe try step 6 on this linked guide.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

When you did a factory reset did you have to enter a six digit code from your television screen and enter the code on nowtv website ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, I had to enter a code.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't know what else to suggest apart from contacting nowtv live chat service and ask them to escalate this to their Technical level to assist you further.

Looks like a couple of people have mentioned this recently on the forum (perhaps there is a bug on the latest software that has been rolled out recently on the NowTV Freeview Smart boxes).

Open the link, then select the most relevant category, then pick the nearest help topic, then scroll towards the bottom of the screen page and click on the green arrow below Get in Touch which will then show the live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We've also been having a this issue.

We briefly got things working again following a factory reset, but the following day it was back to freezing every time!

For us it seems to have started happening following the now TV broadband outage last weekend in Northamptonshire ... That could be coincidence though as I think the latest software update was released around the same time. 

Would be very interested to hear if anyone finds a solution! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps.

To add to the things I've tried...

4. Unplugging aerial and then retuning

5. Step 6 in @Anonymous User second reply

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User  coping you into this

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for adding me. I managed to speak to someone on the live chat. The only thing that worked was holding down the reset button on the bottle of my nowtv box and reinstalling everything. Hope this helps

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Where is the reset button? We’ve looked over ours and cannot seem to fine one.

We’ve tried all of the advice in the forum threads about this error but yet to resolve this.

**Update: couldn’t see the button for looking!! Trying that now!