cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

TV Guide

Please get shot of this feature on the Black 'classic' boxes once and for all, or at least fix it so that it doesn't get used by them, spending time down powering, restarting the damn device and then avoiding re-locking the box up is frustrating to say the least.

The former fix, removing the troublesome trialist app isn't available to remove now. 

Please.

Is this too much to ask?  

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We're sorry that you're having an issue with your NOW TV box. Can you ensure that your NOW TV box has been fully updated and if that still doesn't work for you then please do get back in touch. 

Thanks, 

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I confirm I have checked for updates and there are none. The Box still freezes. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is doing this at the moment. It was the box I was given following a trial. Please can you fix this, it's very frustrating. I have either black box upstairs and that one seems fine.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My box too locks up everytime I scroll to the TV Guide.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Can you confirm if this is the standard NOW TV Black Box that this is happening with ?

Could you all try this procedure to update the software.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User this happens on my standard 4200SK box. Will try an update tonight.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Anonymous User

I've let our tech teams know anyways so they will look into it 🙂

I'm wondering if it is linked to the Smart Box, were you on the trial for it ?

Andy

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thanks @Anonymous User

I've let our tech teams know anyways so they will look into it 🙂

I'm wondering if it is linked to the Smart Box, were you on the trial for it ?

Andy

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

My now TV box version 2 has today updated to build 9594. And the TV Guide is no longer listed, so I no longer get lock-up problems. It would appear build 9594 has only been released today and appears to be the latest build is this the case @Anonymous User ?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Had the TV guide on my 4200SK box homepage screen since the early days of the smart box trial.

Carried out the forced update 5 clicks on home button 3 clicks on FF button and 2 clicks on the RW button which has updated the software to version 7.0 build 9594 and like @commanda6 mentioned the TV Guide has now disappeared and i can now navigate around the homepage UI without the box crashing. Smiley Happy