cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

System update required

Each time I login to NOW TV I’m told “system update required” “please update via settings > system > system update”

I go through this process and I’m told the system is up to date but I’m still getting the error message
37 REPLIES 37
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same here 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same thing is happening to me. Maybe it's a glitch? Will leave it for a while and try again later.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried going into your nowtv box secret menu by pressing the Home button 5 times, then quickly press the FF >> button 3 times, then quickly press the RW button 2 times on your NowTV remote.

Then once in the secret menu force a software update even if it shows you are on the same software version number.

If that doesn't work, maybe a full factory reset on the box, by going into the box settings menu and under Advanced System Settings there should be an option to factory reset the box.

Should you go down the factory reset route you will have to setup the box again from scratch (make sure you use you existing account details).

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi there, looking further it is a Roku box. I’ve updated it and restarted it.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sounds like there is a glitch if there is three posts in a matter of minutes 😡.

Perhaps try rebooting the box or stick first by disconnecting the power to the box or stick for about 30 secs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m using a Roku device and  having the same issue. All other apps are working and the system is up to date.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On Twitter NowTv have said there is a problem their end and its being looked at.

Done everything, even deleted NowTv and downloaded again.

Nellee
Advocate

Worked for me. Thank you 😊 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here on 2x Roku 2 (2015) and 1x Roku Express. Opening the app shows a "System update required" message when all three are already updated & restarted.

Oof, NowTV. Any chance of some complementary passes? We are all unable to watch a service that we pay for after all..