cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switching off black box

I have a black box and i would like to know if there any way to switch off the box instead of waiting 4 hours to be auto switch off.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not aware of any other way except pull the plug out on your box or look at a mains adapter switching plug with a remote controller that you can power the box on or off from your sofa.

Or if your TV supports a USB 5V 1A port and the port drops power when the television is in standby mode, then maybe consider the NowTV Stick.

Though i prefer the NowTV boxes personally myself (apart from the white box) over the Stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the alternative. I think my TV haven't that feature, as the Chromecast is on 24/7. Shame they don't include a manual power off, would be enough by adding just a button to the remote.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Well Pokora

This is what I use to switch my Black Box off, when not in use, and on , when I want to use it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mscien-Extension-Individual-including-Protected/dp/B07KYG7DCG/ref=sr_1_13?crid=2UZV8C93Z2K2V&dchild=1&keywords=mains+extension+lead&qid=1590926393&sprefix=Mains+%2Caps%2C206&sr=8-13

Switchable Mains Extension Lead.jpg

There's a two socket version of this mains extension as well.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks to your idea I am going to opt for a smart plug and I can switch off all the stand by appliances from the phone.