cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming isn't supported in this region OVP_00012

I have been unable to stream anything on my Now TV box for about a week and keep getting this error when I try. I'm in the UK and have used my box for about 2 years with no issue. I have reset my box numerous times and also my WiFi but nothing changes. I even tried buying a new box but got the same error. My Now TV box will work if I connect to my mobile data but I don't plan on doing that. My Vodafone WiFi is fine and I have no problems using it for anything else.

Online chat have been next to useless and I've been waiting for a promised email as a solution for a number of days but haven't received anything. Any new suggestions would be appreciated?! 

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

An error code has appeared on my NOW TV saying that I need to sort out roaming on my device as streaming isn't supposed in this region even though I'm in the UK London streaming is working and it's not the box because if it was I wouldn't be able to watch my NOW TV or any of the other apps that were on there it just seems to be all the Sky channels that don't seem to work I have reset the box and it is still not working any help 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issue. My setup is also black box with Vodafone internet. Have also tried all the usual fixes, without any luck. Now TV please fix immediately 

RoyB
Legend

NowTV thinks the Vodaphone IP address range is in India, ever since a recent Vodaphone outage.

It is not clear who of the two needs to fix what, though I’m betting it will be NowTV.

Geofencing by IP address is a black art, and a somewhat unreliable one at that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB wrote:

NowTV thinks the Vodaphone IP address range is in India, ever since a recent Vodaphone outage.

It is not clear who of the two needs to fix what, though I’m betting it will be NowTV.

Geofencing by IP address is a black art, and a somewhat unreliable one at that.

Hi @Anonymous User 

You could try turning off your router asked for an hour or two and turning it back on again for some ISPs this will cause you to be issued with a new public IP addres the s for virgin media, the time threshold of being issued with a new IP address is half an hour to an hour. 

Failing that, get in contact with your ISP and ask them to issue you with a new public IP address (your public IP address is the identity of your router on the Internet) , and as @RoyB  alludes to different IP address ranges relate to different parts of the world when ISPs have problems sometimes people can end up being allocated addresses in the wrong range. 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact same issue here. Have reset NowTV bix and router off and

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having exact same issue. Have reset both NowTV box and router multiple times with no joy. 

I am also with Vodafone but all other internet services are working fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue here. Checked my external IPs location and it belongs to Vodafone India.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact same issue here. Spoke to Now TV live chat and they said they’re aware and working on it. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

Exactly the same issue here. Checked my external IPs location and it belongs to Vodafone India.

Checked it completely outside of NowTV you mean, on Whois on a browser or some such?

That would clearly lay the issue at Vodaphone’s door, not NowTV’s.

And would likely mean that if you tried something else over your internet that was geo-restricted, such as the BBC iPlayer, All4, Netflix, and so on, that would blow you a similar raspberry.

Is this the case?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.