cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stop auto switch on?

Every time I turn my tv on my now tv box automatically turns itself on, and I’ve not got 1touch play enabled (I don’t even know what that is) how do I stop it turning on every time I turn on the tv? My old box never did this.
4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Bit of a long shot, have you tried swapping the box to a different HDMI port on your TV or maybe use a different HDMI cable to see if that helps.

Which NowTV box are you using the standard black box or the smart box with the inbuilt Freeview TV tuner ?

Also, was the box working previously without automatically switching on or has it always happened since you bought the box ?

Could you also confirm the make and model of your TV ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Should have also mentioned, that all the "1 - touch play" feature does on my smart box is if i press any button on the NowTV remote controller my TV (Panasonic) will automatically switch the HDMI source to the correct input on my smart box.

Where disabling the "1 - touch" feature on the nowtv box, i have to manually switch HDMI input source on my TV remote controller.

Switching my TV on, does not automatically switch on my smart nowtv box in my setup, even if the 1 - touch feature is either enabled or disabled.

Wonder if your TV remote controller is conflicting with the IR on your nowtv box ?

What happens if you switch on your TV with the physical on/ off button on your TV set or if you temporary (for test purposes only) cover up or hide your nowtv box from the line of sight of your TV remote controller IR command.

Does the nowtv box still automatically switch on when switching on your TV ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hmmmm..... it’s a brand new box only connected a few days ago, but I had one a while back before I got Sky and it never did it. It’s just the standard black box, I considered the smart box but heard it’s noisy and I don’t need the free view channels. My tv is a Sony Bravia.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Firstly try the things mentioned in my second post and if it is still happening, then maybe look at your Bravia CEC link settings on your TV.