cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stand by without screensaver option

Hi all,

Been on live chat, twitter, email etc etc and cant get a simple answer to this - appreciate similiar questions are raised a number of times

If the screensaver setting is turned off will the box go into stand by mode (white light goes off)? HDMI source will be different and tv in standby etc. That is all i need answering but cant get a straight answer!

To me it makes sense that the screensaver is used for the standby function but veryone suggests to me it should still goin to standby with the option turned off

Before anyone asks about checking cables etc ive tried everything (reset the box, different cables, tvs even  a different box) and it doesnt go in to standby without the screensaver turned on. When screensaver is turned on it goes into standby no problem. I have it turned off due to the purple screen issue which im also trying to rectify

Appreciate any help or other peoples experiences

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserI have a blaupunkt and Sanyo. I dont think the tv's make a differance though as our Sanyo which is a small tv in our bedroom has only one HDMI socket. We have often unplugged the lead from that tv to plug in something else and left it like that over night or for days until we next want to use the box and even then it never went into standby. Thats why we re-enabled the screensaver.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User the smart box is attached to an "old" unsmart Bush. I don't have "sleep" enabled on the TV. No need as turn off at wall at night, not due to power concerns but because I don't like the glow from various lights on machines. I like my room really dark to sleep.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268Do you have a smart box? I think the smart ones do go into standby as you described but unless i'm mistaken this was about the standard black boxes, not the smart ones. Maybe i just incorrectly assumed that, as it is in the black box forum..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Interested in anymore experiences with this?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserI think there was some confusion between posters on which box was being disscussed. But basically the older black boxes that you and i have, dont go into standby when the screensaver is disabled. The newer smart boxes do though (i'm guessing it works on the smart box as a way to help prevent heating issues as they do get quite warm and nosiy with its fan).