cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Stand by interference on Samsung TV

When watching NOWTV and I pause, after however many minutes the box goes into stand by mode. This is great, apart from the fact it then causes my TV to basically continually switch itself off, then on, then off, then on then off then on and so on until I resume watching again. If I power off the TV with the Samsung remote once we have consigned watching, there are no such issues.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Consigned = *finished*
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you using the new NowTV smart box or the standard black box ?

When you say that your Samsung TV switches off, then on, then off again do you mean that the TV physical goes from standby mode (red light showing on your TV) then switches back on again (green light showing on your TV) then back to standby mode (red light) ?

If this is the case the only thing that i can think of is to go into your Samsung TV menu settings and make sure Anynet (HDMI CEC) is switched off.

Or does the TV green light remain on all the time, but the TV screen goes blank, then the a picture appears back on the screen, then the screen goes blank again ?

If it the second scenario above it might be a HDMI issue and i would try a different HDMI port on your TV or a different HDMI cable.