cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound problems

Hi,

We've had Now TV for a while now, but recently upgraded to the newest black box.  We never had issues like this before but now we seem to be having sound problems on some shows.  The sound either goes completely, which can be fixed by rewinding the programme.  Other times it 'stutters' - which is actually much more annoying! There is no fix for this, but it doesn't seem to last for too long (maybe a minute or so).  I've noticed mainly on Grey's Anatomy, but that's probably because I watch it loads!  We've also noticed the stuttering on films and other programmes. 

Is there any fix?  I'm not overly bothered at the moment, as it only momentarily happens but any suggestions would be useful just in case it gets worse.

Thanks 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Could be a few things, but try powering down both box and TV, removing the HDMI cable from both ends, and then reconnecting everything back up again. If you have a spare HDMI cable, try that as well. It's possible it could also be intermittent connection issues, although that would usually be noticeable by varying quality or pixellating picture rather than sound. However wouldn't do any harm to try rebooting your broadband router, making sure the NOW TV box is in an open space (ie not stacked on other items, on a crowded shelf or tucked in an enclosed cabinet) and particularly at this time of year keep away from Christmas lights and tinsel! 

If that doesn't help and it seems to get worse, try a factory reset. You'll find the option under Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset (and then enter the code shown on screen to confirm)
You'll need to enter your wifi and NOW TV account details again so have these to hand.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have been experiencing this on a number of shows. 

I tried powering down and removing all cables. I then tried a factory reset. 

It's still happening. Do you have any other suggestions?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Happens on my box rewind seems to work.......at least i know its not just me