cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Sorry, we did not recognise your login details"

Good evening,

For the past few weeks we have been unable to login to our NowTV account on the box/TV itself - therefore unable to make use of the Movies package.

Searched these forums for similar issues but none actually seemed to have a satisfactory resolution.

Used the forgotten password feature multiple times (and reset the box as part of that process) but keep getting the same message when signing in: "Sorry, we did not recognise your login details"

Correct username and password is definitely being entered.

Getting increasingly frustrated now as not getting what we paid for..

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

114 REPLIES 114
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm at the end of my tether on this one.

Earlier in the week my NowTv box in the livingroom started asking to login, I reset the box added the details again but when I was asked to watch content I was again asked to login and the details then didn't work.

I went to support and was asked to reset my password which I did, still did the same thing. Eventually after the third attempt of resetting password it worked.

I've just bought another NowTv box for the bedroom and the SAME problem, can't login whenI want to watch content (but I can login if I want to set the box up). 

I'm really frustrated, what exactly is the problem? (I've no special characters in my password - which is poor in itself)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've actually managed to resolve this , perhaps this can help others (don't ask my why this fixes it....)

Log into your account in Internet Explorer using your USERNAME (not email) and password

Once successful , login with the USERNAME and password on the Now Tv box

and that seems to have worked .......

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Chris

You know, when I got my first NowTV box (the white one, I now own two black boxes) I found that I could not log into my new NowTV device, despite having already setup my account.  So I got on to NowTV help line, which was a telephone helpline back then in 2013, and the helpful chap suggested I should use uppercase letters for my username, it worked and ever since then I've had no problems.

I don't know why uppercase usernames works and sometimes lowercase ones don't, however it's more than likely just a bug in the system.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Getting this message on my now tv box /TV. Reset password & username, reset now tv box using pin hole at rear of box after following advice on now tv website, turned the box off then on following advice from this forum, all have failed. I can login with my phone and laptop but still not on my TV. I have checked over all my account settings, made sure all my passes are still live and valid, everything checks out correct, but I am still getting that really annoying message. Has anyone resolved this issue lately? PS Why cant we call a Now TV help line?
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Just tried a factory reset( Settings-Advanced Settings-Factory Reset-Enter Code-Reconnect to wifi-Enter username-Enter password-Accept terms and conditions-Press OK when the "All done" message comes up) did the whole set up again and still the message "Sorry, we didn't recognise your login details" came up.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have any special characters in your current username and/or password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All

Been having the same problems. I can login to the PC, but not my black box or phone. My details are correct, latest software updates etc.

Possible solution that seems to have worked for me.

1. Request a remined of your 'user name'.  ****Note, my user name was not listed anywhere in my account details****
2. Use your 'user name' that was sent in the reminder email to login to your black box Now account. *** Do not use your email address this does not work***
3. Use you password to login.
4. Enjoy Now TV....

The above worked for me tonight. Hope it works for you...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have had the same problem. Every other device I've tried the login details work, but not the now to black box.has there been a resolution yet?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

• QI have had the same problem. Every other device I've tried the login details work, but not the now to black box.has there been a resolution yet?
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Do you have any special characters in your current password, such as an % or + or $ etc?

It would appear that when NOW TV issued their last 'app' update for (Roku) hardware playback devices, it broke support for some special characters. If-so you'll have to create a new password.

Cheers