cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Software Update Earlier This Month - What New Features ?

My Now TV box updated a week or so ago with new features , but where do we get to read about what they are and how to use them ?

So far I have seen the "Roku powered" notice on the standby page and on the Now Tv home page. My Now Tv box also powers up automatically when I power on my tv !

Can anyone explain either readers of this forum or Now tv themselves what ALL  the functions are of the Now Tv box and what they do?  If no one knows about the whole list in the settings menu what is the point of introducing  features to the Now box.

Or is it a question of not giving any information in case someone messes up ?

26 REPLIES 26
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User the black box now outputs at 50 rather than 60 hz. Which for some folk makes a difference.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
lockmatt
Expert 2

i thought the now tv black box could only output at 60hz and the smart box at 50hz.i cant really notice as the picture quality on sky sports channels has been so poor since monday

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@lockmatt wrote:

i thought the now tv black box could only output at 60hz and the smart box at 50hz...

The 'black' boxes now offer a 'fixed' 50Hz output. I've switched from the 'smart' box back to the 'black' box for this very reason Smiley Very Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So no one knows what ALL the featurers are (eg: in settings ) for the Now Box.

It wouldn't be too much trouble if Now TV gave a brief description of each function in the help portion of the Now tv software.

It appears no one on the internet has a webpage with details either.

It would be a good idea if Now tv did a video explaining the above and posted it on youtube.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

In my experience very few A/V product manufacturers issue such information on a regular basis...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My problem with the update now is that it restricts me from flicking channels on the TV. At least with a blu-ray player, it automatically switches back when turn the power off, but the Now TV box doesn't have an off button. And having it go on Standby doesn't help.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Sadly, flicking between 'live streamed' channels appears to be an on-going issue. I resolve it on my 'black' box by pressing the 'Home' button followed by the 'NOW TV' button and navigating back to the 'Entertainment' channels...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital I mean switching channels/sources on my TV.

For some reason I can no longer access the menu on my TV remote or, for instance, switch from NOW TV/Roku to my Blu-Ray player.

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User on your box go to settings then system then control other devices and deselect.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.