cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Software Update Earlier This Month - What New Features ?

My Now TV box updated a week or so ago with new features , but where do we get to read about what they are and how to use them ?

So far I have seen the "Roku powered" notice on the standby page and on the Now Tv home page. My Now Tv box also powers up automatically when I power on my tv !

Can anyone explain either readers of this forum or Now tv themselves what ALL  the functions are of the Now Tv box and what they do?  If no one knows about the whole list in the settings menu what is the point of introducing  features to the Now box.

Or is it a question of not giving any information in case someone messes up ?

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 I tried that before. No difference.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@4268 wrote:
@Anonymous User on your box go to settings then system then control other devices and deselect.

@Anonymous User wrote:

@4268 I tried that before. No difference.

You might have to 're-boot' your NOW TV box before the setting comes into effect 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital I tried that, still nothing. It works for a about a second at the start. But if i wanted to switch to a different source while it's on standby (screensaver mode), THAT is the issue i'm getting.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

What other devices do you have connected to your TV via HDMI?

Usually this sort of issue happens when one of your HDMI connected devices is not respecting the 'pin 13' connection protocol.

Legend 5
Legend 5
Ok @Anonymous User have you tried resetting and retuning your remote? I am presuming you have a universal remote?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wrong thread sorry!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pretty sure this update has knackered my tv and soundbar set up. Soundbar wouldnt work randomly using ARC despite being fine with NOW TV, Virgin, Blu Ray player for months. Virgin remote now cant turn my tv on and when i turn the tv on the source goes to NOW TV automatically?! EVERYTIME

WHat on earth have they done? Checked the settings and reset the box but nothing Smiley Mad wish theyd just get the app on Android TV

Anyone else experienced this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Following on from this and tekmonkeys post (which i also experienced) i purchased the following which has appeared to sort most of these issues and allowed my soundbar to carry on working ok. Hope it helps someone!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DL48KVI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I noticed a few bits if weird behaviour. My hdmi got labelled as roku, and my TV gave me a message about passing remote control commands to (or was it from?) the roku. Didn't really investigate due to the side loading issue, got my old roku LTs out of the cupboard and use those and an android box now. Means I can watch amazon video that I already pay for but never used!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just watching my first Sky Sports football since the update and it is a definite improvement with the ball not bouncing around the screen like a 1980's bat'n'ball console anymore and my tv tells me 50Hz instead of 60. Some scenes (like in the studio) do still seem to lack smoothness and/or sufficient frame rates though. Anyone else know what I am saying? Great improvement through for me, as I thought 60Hz was really awful when I started Now tv, last year.