cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Software Update Earlier This Month - What New Features ?

My Now TV box updated a week or so ago with new features , but where do we get to read about what they are and how to use them ?

So far I have seen the "Roku powered" notice on the standby page and on the Now Tv home page. My Now Tv box also powers up automatically when I power on my tv !

Can anyone explain either readers of this forum or Now tv themselves what ALL  the functions are of the Now Tv box and what they do?  If no one knows about the whole list in the settings menu what is the point of introducing  features to the Now box.

Or is it a question of not giving any information in case someone messes up ?

26 REPLIES 26
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's good to hear that you're seeing an impovement @Anonymous User

All UK based streaming services distribute their content at 50Hz (25 fps), not 60Hz which is what the NOW TV branded devices previously puked out Smiley Surprised

For further impovements, I recommend that you disable/switch off your TV's post-processing features (if they are enabled), such as: Auto Motion Plus, Dynamic Contrast, Black Tone, Digital Clean View, MPEG Noise Filter, Sharpness, etc...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, yes, I'll have another play with the settings, although all processing is already off. TBH I'm never interesting in watching the pundits rabbiting on, so I'm just happy the football itself is much improved. Adverts are perfect too (not that I watch those either) so maybe it's just one of those cinematic type affects some channels seem to think are fashionable, being used in the studio?? I have 4 devices connected via. an HDMI switch so am quite sensitive to the slight variences between them all and do not have the option to set different settings as tv only has one input.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add that yes, it does appear to be because the channels are only streamed at 25fps so live sports will always look rubbish, even if it no longer has the horrible judder affect that converting 25fps to 60Hz used to have. Incidentially, it looks like 1080 is still 60Hz so they only fixed 720 to be 50Hz ?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

... Incidentially, it looks like 1080 is still 60Hz so they only fixed 720 to be 50Hz ?

Actually no @Anonymous User. All three models of NOW TV branded boxes have been updated so they only output video at 50Hz, regardless of the 'Display type' output mode that's selected...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

... Incidentially, it looks like 1080 is still 60Hz so they only fixed 720 to be 50Hz ?

Actually no @Anonymous User. All three models of NOW TV branded boxes have been updated so they only output video at 50Hz, regardless of the 'Display type' output mode that's selected...

Did seem strange but when I select 1080 in the NowTV settings, my tv info shows 1080@60Hz. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

My Panasonic TV reports '1080p / 50Hz' 😉

Once all the NOW TV branded boxes have received their software updates, they should all be 'locked down' to only output a 50Hz.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does the YouTube app now play in 1080p on the black box or is it still limited to 720p? I hope it has been updated!