NOW TV Box maintenance on 23 August Click here for more info
Contributor 1

Re: Software Update Earlier This Month - What New Features ?

[ Edited ]

Thanks, yes, I'll have another play with the settings, although all processing is already off. TBH I'm never interesting in watching the pundits rabbiting on, so I'm just happy the football itself is much improved. Adverts are perfect too (not that I watch those either) so maybe it's just one of those cinematic type affects some channels seem to think are fashionable, being used in the studio?? I have 4 devices connected via. an HDMI switch so am quite sensitive to the slight variences between them all and do not have the option to set different settings as tv only has one input.

Contributor 1

Just to add that yes, it does appear to be because the channels are only streamed at 25fps so live sports will always look rubbish, even if it no longer has the horrible judder affect that converting 25fps to 60Hz used to have. Incidentially, it looks like 1080 is still 60Hz so they only fixed 720 to be 50Hz ?

Champion 4

SunnyPlace wrote:

... Incidentially, it looks like 1080 is still 60Hz so they only fixed 720 to be 50Hz ?

Actually no @SunnyPlace. All three models of NOW TV branded boxes have been updated so they only output video at 50Hz, regardless of the 'Display type' output mode that's selected...

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.26.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Contributor 1

SeeMoreDigital wrote:

SunnyPlace wrote:

... Incidentially, it looks like 1080 is still 60Hz so they only fixed 720 to be 50Hz ?

Actually no @SunnyPlace. All three models of NOW TV branded boxes have been updated so they only output video at 50Hz, regardless of the 'Display type' output mode that's selected...

Did seem strange but when I select 1080 in the NowTV settings, my tv info shows 1080@60Hz. 

Champion 4

My Panasonic TV reports '1080p / 50Hz' Smiley Wink

Once all the NOW TV branded boxes have received their software updates, they should all be 'locked down' to only output a 50Hz.

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.26.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Highlighted
First Poster

Does the YouTube app now play in 1080p on the black box or is it still limited to 720p? I hope it has been updated!
Occasional Poster

Following on from this and tekmonkeys post (which i also experienced) i purchased the following which has appeared to sort most of these issues and allowed my soundbar to carry on working ok. Hope it helps someone!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00DL48KVI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1