Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Slow WiFi

Spoiler
Hi there 
iv been using now tv broadband for two years now and it’s been amazing, but the last week or so it’s been very slow, yesterday when I got home from work I couldn’t stream anything online at all and gave up. I live alone so there are not multiple devices steaming at the same time, I have nothing blocking the box nor do I have anything electric close to it, and Iv tried turning it off and on again which works for a few minuets and then it buffers again. 

thanks 
Lara 
2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you go to My Account > Technical Checks whilst logged in on here how does the line speed reading measured at your NowTV Hub Router compares to the minimum guaranteed or average speeds when you signed up to NowTV Broadband ?

Are the slow internet speeds effecting both wifi and hard wired Ethernet ?

Have you tried re connecting the cable between the Router and your BT master socket and trying a factory reset on the Router by holding in the reset button on the back of the Router for about 10 seconds.

If you are using the Hub 2 Router have you tried renaming both the 2.4ghz & 5ghz wifi bands on the Router and perhaps experimenting with different wifi channels ?

Otherwise give the NowTV Broadband Team a call where you will find their telephone number by going to My Account > Broadband & Calls and click on the moving home section on the page.

The moving home number should be the same telephone number for all NowTV Broadband issues.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to ask is it only your NowTV Passes that are slow loading / buffering or all your wifi connected devices that you use with the internet ?

If it's just your NowTV Passes what playback devices are you using ?