cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lilmissdriver
Advocate

Sky News App

Hi. Is anybody having problems getting the Sky News App to load? I have disconnected the Now box and performed a system update but I still can't get it to load. MTIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lilmissdriver 

If using a NOW TV box and you want to watch Sky News live, then just go into the main NOW TV Guide and under the Entertainment Tab go directly to the Sky News channel.

You don't even need to have a NOW TV Membership to watch Sky News from the TV Guide from my understanding.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What happens when you go into the NOW app via the TV guide?

My suggestion would be to report it to staff using one of the methods in my signature below.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

I can watch it via the entertainment channel which I don’t subscribe to so I assume it’s free. Is fine no issues.

Thanks for replying.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Very strange, as I saw @schnapps  supplied the same suggestion earlier on in the thread. 

Sounds like a glitch in the Sky news app. Definitely worth reporting it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Do you have any knowledge on remote controls?

Basically the remote stopped working a week ago, it’s very strange as the home button works but no other buttons. I am using the Roku app on my phone at the moment until this gets resolved.

I have tried everything possible through troubleshooting.

Have been in touch with customer services via email as live chat was getting me nowhere.

I am finding these remotes (with yellow buttons) are hard to buy. Any ideas?

Thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sorry bud I don’t own a Roku or NOW stick. 

What I do know is factory reset to the device can often resolve these types of issues. 

The sticks I do own are Amazon fire sticks and not having any issues. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok. No worries.

Thanks for replying,

Sandey
Scholar

It looks like the live feed on the Sky News app isn’t working on any of their tv apps. The app on Roku, Fire TV and Apple TV aren’t working either. Hopefully it’s fixed soon.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 @Lilmissdriver @Sandey @Anonymous User @schnapps 

Hi

I just wanted to let you know that the Sky News Live app is working now. How strange!