cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lilmissdriver
Advocate

Sky News App

Hi. Is anybody having problems getting the Sky News App to load? I have disconnected the Now box and performed a system update but I still can't get it to load. MTIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lilmissdriver 

If using a NOW TV box and you want to watch Sky News live, then just go into the main NOW TV Guide and under the Entertainment Tab go directly to the Sky News channel.

You don't even need to have a NOW TV Membership to watch Sky News from the TV Guide from my understanding.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lilmissdriver 

Not familiar with the app, are you able to delete and reinstall it?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Lilmissdriver
Advocate
Hi. Thank you for reply/suggestion. Yes, I have deleted and reinstalled. I have reset my modem also. I have 4 boxes in the house and not one of them are able to play Sky News Live. I can watch sections of previous highlights/reports from earlier but not live.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lilmissdriver 

If using a NOW TV box and you want to watch Sky News live, then just go into the main NOW TV Guide and under the Entertainment Tab go directly to the Sky News channel.

You don't even need to have a NOW TV Membership to watch Sky News from the TV Guide from my understanding.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lilmissdriver 

Have a read of the FAQ "What do i get" with regards to Sky News.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/entertainment-membership 

Lilmissdriver
Advocate

OMG. Thank you so much. I never thought about the TV guide. We constantly just use the apps. If I haven't got Tunein on, it's the news. I've been going demented trying to explain the problems with the app with Livechat. I will make sure I give my head a shake. Thank you again

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having a problem loading sky news, it loads to 33% then just freezes. I can watch it on my phone but not using the now tv small black box. I have reset the box and updated it but still the same problem? All other channels load ok

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Im also having issues watching Sky News Live. It freezes at 33%. I have a Now TV Stick.

Have been watching it on You Tube without any issues and also through the entertainment channel. Just used to watching it on the app though. 

Has anyone fixed this yet? Maybe it’s a fault in general

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Are you using the app for Sky news or the TV guide within NOW itself?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Im using it through the app itself. It was fine until yesterday, and then just buffers at 33%. I have tried all sorts even uninstalled but still nothing. Im just curious as to what the issue is.