cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signing up without entering bank details

I want to create a Now TV account but I refuse to enter my bank details.

Now you say it's to validate my age, but I don't accept that. There are multiple other methods of learning my age...I'd happily enter my passport number, my driving licence, a utility bill...anything but my bank details, I find it desperate and frankly pathetic that this would be the only method of creating an account.

I need to acces my username/password details to use your product. What other methods are available?

23 REPLIES 23
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you can't set up an account without a card. Sorry that is not what you want to hear.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So you're admitting that Sky and it's affiliates are only interested in getting peoples bank details?

You're admitting that the only possible way to use your product is by you owning our personal data?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

So you're admitting that Sky and it's affiliates are only interested in getting peoples bank details?

You're admitting that the only possible way to use your product is by you owning our personal data?

When you subscribe to any (non free) 'streaming service' you have to submit your credit/debit card details. NOW TV is no different!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But I'm only interested in the free services?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

But I'm only interested in the free services?

It is what it is @Anonymous User. If you want access to 'free services' you'll have to explore other options. I suggest you purchase one of the 'fully blown' and far more expensive Roku products!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK

So you have confirmed that the only people NowTV will do business with are the gullible and the naive.

I did look into entering my card details but will only accept 'credit cards' of which I do not own. So not only does the company prey on the ill-educated it also discriminates those who are honest spenders.

This company is an absolute joke. I undestand that you, personally are not responsible for this ridulously intrusive hurdle, but I'm furious at the insistence that NowTV have in making their customers vulnerable.

This insight will reflect very nagatively on the reputation of NowTV.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Goodbye and good luck with whatever product you decide to purchase @Anonymous User.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if you are looking for free services without having to put in your card details, can I recommend an Amazon Fire box/stick?  I have just double checked on my own device.  You can set up an account without a card on Amazon.  The free apps are good on there you get IPlayer, All4, My5, ITV Hub, UK TV Play (for Dave, Really, Yesterday),  You can also use the TV Player free app.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a shame but, Thanks!

That's actually useful!