cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chilli2
Elite

Setting up NowTv box without Now TV account/credit card?

Quick quesiton is it possible to set up a Now Tv box without creating a now tv account, or at the least without feeding it a credit card, to just use the catch up services ( iplayer etc)?

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey @chilli2

In short No is the answer.

You need to have a NOW TV account set up with card details in order to gain access to the box. You don't have to subscribe to NOW TV but we do require the account to be set up.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am a bit confused as to why you require my credit card or bank details. I understand that this is to  prove that the user is 18 and lives in the Uk, my question is does this mean that anyone under 18 cannot purchase a Pass from a retailer and are retailers aware of this, further are you suggesting that someone under 18 would fly from outside the Uk to purchase a Pass.

Why can I not purchase a Now Tv box and just topup with a Pass purchased from a retailer!!! 

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you may be able to remove your card details once the box is set up. You would need to pop on to chat. If it doesn't work you can always add the card back in and set a payment pin.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry my issue is the requirement to supply credit card or bank details, under the pretence of age or country of origin, it just smells bad to me, like Sky have another reason..... also these requirements are not displayed on the box when you buy the Now Tv  only that you need to set up an account and does not state that you have to be 18 to use the device..

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Under the NOW TV terms and conditions, an active credit/debit card has to be registered against your NOW TV account, even if your intention is to exclusively use vouchers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please someone HELP...i set up my box in under 5 mins ..got my mother in law one for christmas quit after two hours ...passwords and user name will not connect
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Please someone HELP...i set up my box in under 5 mins ..got my mother in law one for christmas quit after two hours ...passwords and user name will not connect

@Anonymous User

Hi Rachael 

Could you try following the steps on the following link to get this resolved

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Forgotten-Username-or-Password

Thanks

Aaron