cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Green
Advocate

Set up my device

I want to know how to set up my now TV box.. I had it probably about three years ago but then stopped using it but now would like to use it. How do I set it up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Green 

Assuming it's the black box, where the older white boxes aren't supported anymore.

Then connect the NOW streaming box to the television with a HDMI cable, plug in the power adapter that came with the box and select the correct HDMI input source on your TV remote.

If it doesn't do an automatic software update or you have changed the Router or Broadband provider since you used the box last.

Then from the NOW home screen on the television, keep clicking the back button on the NOW remote controller (the button next to the Home button) until you see the hidden menu down the left hand side of the screen and then go into the Settings section and make the necessary adjustments / changes.

Are you going to use the box to stream NOW content by purchasing a TV NOW Membership or just use the third party Apps such has YouTube, Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc from the NOW Box ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Green 

Assuming it's the black box, where the older white boxes aren't supported anymore.

Then connect the NOW streaming box to the television with a HDMI cable, plug in the power adapter that came with the box and select the correct HDMI input source on your TV remote.

If it doesn't do an automatic software update or you have changed the Router or Broadband provider since you used the box last.

Then from the NOW home screen on the television, keep clicking the back button on the NOW remote controller (the button next to the Home button) until you see the hidden menu down the left hand side of the screen and then go into the Settings section and make the necessary adjustments / changes.

Are you going to use the box to stream NOW content by purchasing a TV NOW Membership or just use the third party Apps such has YouTube, Netflix, BBC iPlayer etc from the NOW Box ?

Green
Advocate

Do you have to buy to use this item? I only want the basic package

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Green 

When you say basic package, can you elaborate more on what you are after and want to watch from the NOW box ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Green 

Have a read of these NOW help articles linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available 

If you don't want to subscribe to NOW you can still use the third party Apps from the NOW Box if you wish such has BBC iPlayer, ITVX, All 4, YouTube etc.

Hopefully when you used the box last you didn't factory reset it.

I wouldn't recommend a factory reset on the box if you aren't going to subscribe to the NOW service, otherwise if you factory reset the box to activate the box you will have to either start a free NOW trial (only Hayu trial available currently) or activate a TV NOW Membership.