cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Second box problems

I I have  a black now tv box with six months subscription. I have just purchased a second box in order to play movies in another room but it keeps telling me I need to start a 14 day trial. 

My second box is registered on my account so  if I am reading the reviews correctly I should be able to access the movies freely..

Can anyone give me some advice as to what I am doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Open up the NOW TV app on both boxes and go to the My Account screen from the main menu - it should show your username  - make sure both usernames are the same, and if not sign out of the incorrect one, and then sign back in with the correct username. If opening the NOW TV app on the second app just shows an advertising splash screen, click through the pages until the actual app homescreen appears, then check My Account.

If you can't see any problems, I would be tempted to start the setup process on the second box again. With the box powered up, push a pin into the reset hole at the back until you see it restart. Then setup your wifi and NOW TV account details again (making sure it's the same username and password your first box and your 6 month pass is on).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Open up the NOW TV app on both boxes and go to the My Account screen from the main menu - it should show your username  - make sure both usernames are the same, and if not sign out of the incorrect one, and then sign back in with the correct username. If opening the NOW TV app on the second app just shows an advertising splash screen, click through the pages until the actual app homescreen appears, then check My Account.

If you can't see any problems, I would be tempted to start the setup process on the second box again. With the box powered up, push a pin into the reset hole at the back until you see it restart. Then setup your wifi and NOW TV account details again (making sure it's the same username and password your first box and your 6 month pass is on).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you Andy,

just got to wait for my daughter to come home but that seems the best answer I have had so far... Much appreciated.Smiley Happy

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You're welcome, if your daughter still has problems you can always post back, although the usual cause of these problems is accidentally signing into a different account on the second box, or setting up a new account for the second box rather than logging into your old account.

Hopefully you'll be sorted though! 🙂