cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Screen flickering

I’m getting a green flicker on the picture now and again. I changed my HDMI cable but still happening. I saw a post about changing the setting from 1080 to 750 which I’ve done and did seem ok but has started to flicker again. 

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is doing it too! And I've done the same as you. Did you resolve the issue?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

I am also guessing you have tried a different HDMI port on your television ?

Does the flicker happen if you use the box or stick on a different television ?

See if anything in this link help article makes a difference, start with step 6 first (update the software even if on the same software number) then try step 1, followed by step 2 full factory reset if either steps 6 or 1 doesn't work.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

Out of curiosity which NowTV devices are causing the flickering picture problem, white box, black box, Smart Freeview box, 4K Smart box or Stick and what is the make & model number of your television ?

Also if you are using a high end expensive television, see if in the television picture settings menu that Black Frame insertion feature is not activated which causes a drop of picture brightness and flicker when enabled.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have done all of the above. I have a stick and a Toshiba tv. It's not new. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No, mines still flickering.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Have you both got another television to temporary try your now tv box / stick on to see if the picture flickering persists on a second television ?

@Anonymous User whats the make of your television ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Solved the problem just restart your your Virgin or Sky box no more flashes