cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Screeching noises/Picture breakup

Please can this major issue be prioritised as i have experienced this very annoyiong glitch for many months (though generally less often every 15-30 minutes mostly during adverts) also with horizontal picture breakup (coloured lines that go on continuously for 10 seconds).  After contacting Live Chat, who deny there is a problem, blame my slow internet connection and state i get under 3mb though whenever i test this end i get 180-200mb which has also been confirmed by my IP that i have a stable connection, modem power levels are fine with no packet loss, so the issue is not this end.  I have tried everything to remedy this end to no avail and happens via the black box but have also noticed this on the Samsung smart NowTV app.

15 REPLIES 15
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

@spongebob13

It's great you now have no sound issues.  My black box was coming up to a year, so decided to get it replaced at Argos (easy exchange) with the Now TV Stick, and so far so good!  Great picture and the menus seem alot snappier as well. 

Interestingly, some people were having issues watching back on certain programmes.  After testing i can confirm when playing back American Dad Season 14, Episode 1 at 5:51, then Season 14, Episode 2 at 10:24, playback is now flawless.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope it happens on smart boxes as well

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is ridiculous. This is now affecting my black box now tv device. Every night from about 7 many live channels become unwatchable. What are now tv going to do about this?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

not a lot is the short answer

its been a known issue since last year and nothing as been done about it

it seems to be the black box only issue, weather it requires an update or theres a fault with these boxes itself (these are no longer sold) i wonder why

you could always do what i did complain on live chat and ask for a FREE replacement smart now tv box

problems with sound are nowhere to be seen since with me

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

I'm afraid it's not just a black box issue, and not a fault with the box... the EXACT same thing also happens on Gold on my new stick, Smart TV app and also on the iphone app.  If anyone has an iphone, i recommend watching both Gold at the same time on the TV and phone, to witness exactly the same issue at the same time.  This makes me believe an over the air software update will be issued (at some point) as i have only ever experienced this watching Gold and annoying because everything else works perfectly.

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Stuttering audio and continuous picture breakup again tonight on Gold..Picture had been fine for 2 weeks (apart from the distorted sound which started 2 weeks ago)  Now have both!