cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Screeching noises/Picture breakup

Please can this major issue be prioritised as i have experienced this very annoyiong glitch for many months (though generally less often every 15-30 minutes mostly during adverts) also with horizontal picture breakup (coloured lines that go on continuously for 10 seconds).  After contacting Live Chat, who deny there is a problem, blame my slow internet connection and state i get under 3mb though whenever i test this end i get 180-200mb which has also been confirmed by my IP that i have a stable connection, modem power levels are fine with no packet loss, so the issue is not this end.  I have tried everything to remedy this end to no avail and happens via the black box but have also noticed this on the Samsung smart NowTV app.

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

sadly its a known issue as you say for months, no fix as been given

its nothing to do with your internet connection, thats just fobbing you off from the real issue with these boxes it seems

the mods have been saying they have reported the issue/ its a known issue/ waiting to hear back from the team etc etc

but no real attempt to sort the problem out

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

I was pretty certain but thanks for putting my mind at rest about it not being my connection.  They need to get this remedied hopefully via an update as it ruins the whole viewing experience (and hearing!).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

theres countless posts about the sound issue,

you would have thought they would have had a fix from last year when it was reported

personally when my pass runs out i wont be renewing until a fix is issued or the boxes are recalled, as theres clearly a fault

it just ruins your viewing listening to it all the time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

any update on this "known issue" sound problem

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Ok I’ve managed to capture my issue.....I think this speaks for itself

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Here we go.This is even worse then the occasional loud noises and has happened 3 times this hour.  This is not internet related as i have done a speed test which shows 210mb andconnected via ethernet

[video]

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

[video]

This is the second video i have captured and can confirm when channel hopping between Gold and the other channels at the time of the interference (not shown in this video)  this interference is only on Gold.  I don't believe this is caused my any  interference my end as it happens only on this one channel.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

personally i have 2 black now tv boxes, BOTH exact same sound issue (same models)

got a replacement smart now tv box and guess what, NO sound issues

read into that what you will, but theres clearly a problem with the black boxes

weather it needs an update (which STILL hasnt happend)

or another reason is its a fault with the boxes themselves hence why no one is intrested in giving a fix because there isnt one?

hence why they are now discontinued

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Glad to see that you might now be screech free viewing going forward, just a pity it took a new device to get there..... I also have a couple of the black boxes and was thinking of going down the new TV Stick route to end the problem (hopefully).

Like you, if the black box is nearing the end of its days, I can't see a solution being worked on that quickly.