cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku nowtv problems

I have two identical boxes and both are doing the same thing. I can only get them on if I unplug it and plug it back in . It then only shows the nowtv logo and cannot do anything.also the light on the box has gone off. I have followed the troubleshooting  to no avail. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem here with three black now tv boxes.  Every so often they go off then I have to unplug for a few minutes and then plug back in and they work again (this is the 3rd day it is happening.)  I have tried resetting the boxes to factory setting and it still happens.  Glad to know I'm not the only one this is happening to.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have two black now tv boxes Over the last three days they have both stopped working.  The screen loads with nowtv logo and more often than not white light is on the black box but cant get anything else. Tried rebooting  but nothing   Checked bank and subscriptions are paid annoyingly but cant get to watch anything  Not having a helpline number doesnt seem logical either  What are we supposed to do now?!!! My black boxes are @ 2.5 years old that's all. Any help would  be welcome!!

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

See here:-

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box-black/Black-Box-rebooting/m-p/511944/highlight/true#M13930

Looks like, as @schnapps was too polite to say, NowTV have fubared the latest update on the black boxes.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @RoyB

Looks like the full blown Roku Players are also effected, where some users are reporting it may be a possible conflict using the Nintendo Switch with a Pokemon game for some people, but not everybody.

Seems like NowTV & Roku Engineers need to look into it. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Legacy-Products/Stuck-on-Roku-load-screen/td-p/520873 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that, appreciate your comments. I'm not a complete technophobe but apart from following instructions for rebooting, I'd have no idea what to do next to check this issue out.  Hopefully Nowtv will be in touch too re possible updates.  Cheers