cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku menu bugs and glitches

Hey guys I've had my Black now TV box for a good few years but the Roku menu system I've always found to be just appalling in quality, wondering if anyone else experiences these issues? 

• Extremely laggy navigating menus, particularly on TV guide

• After watching a live channel for a while, when the centre button is pushed, all channels are suddenly blank and don't display time/current program 

• Entering the menu sometimes still seems to think it's hours into the past and shows programs that ended hours ago

Are there any new box's on the market that people have that notice any improvements on the menu navigations and general glitches? 

6 REPLIES 6
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I've just retired my black boxes to a cupboard for emergency use if something goes wrong. I had all the problems you've listed, plus more so felt it was the right time to upgrade.

NowTV has just been made available on the Amazon Firestick so consider that. 4k HDR ready for compatible apps.

I went for the Roku Premiere. Tried and tested with no bugs (as of yet) and also 4k HDR for compatible apps. The layout is the same as the NowTV Black Box so it will feel very familiar.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh great thanks! Are you talking about the USB stick thing? I don't have or want Amazon Firestick, just keen to have a better quality interface on the controls 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User link to the Roku Premiere

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XJ7DTZ4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_myF9FbX3B3W77

There's a lot more functionality, apps and it's the same screen layout as the NowTV box (Roku made the black boxes for NowTV).

The only downside for some situations, which comes with literally all new streaming devices, is that it only works on WiFi - no Ethernet cable connection.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply 🙂 That looks great, and it works well with your NOW TV subscription does it? The menus are quick and glitch free? 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User yes it's extremely nippy navigating NowTV. No lag and no bugs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll give it a go then 🙂 Thank you very much your help!