cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Replacing black box

I am thinking of replacing my black box with a now stick is it a simple thing of just disconnecting box from tv and putting stick in or do I have to do other things as well

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You would need to remove the HDMI cable from your TV that is connected to your existing nowtv box and then plug the new nowtv stick directly into your television HDMI port and setup the new stick on your home WiFi network.

More info here on how to setup a nowtv stick.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-smart-stick

I don't own a nowtv stick, but a couple of stick owners have mentioned poor wifi reception compared to their nowtv black boxes when using WiFi.

If you do encounter poor wifi or drop outs with the stick, then apart from trying the usual stuff like different wifi channels or different frequency bands on your router, then maybe look at a HDMI fly lead extender cable which will provide a little more space around the stick at the back of your TV to hopefully improve the reception.

Otherwise if you are not happy with the WiFi signal performance of your new stick, then return it back to the retailer for a refund or swap back to your older black nowtv box or look at a newer nowtv smart box.