cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Removing devices and enabling a forced stop on devices

Hello all,

I'm trying to enable a forced stop of all the devices on my account. There is somebody using a box on my account and it isn't a box which I have bought or it having been granted access to be used on my account by me. 

I was hacked just over two months ago via my phone and on my device list this rogue box is listed as using my account, to which I need it gone.   All my devices have been removed from my televisions except one, this is how I've found out that this rogue box is being used via my account and at this very minute as I type this. 

I'd like to remove all devices from showing on the App and website and enable a forced stop while AGAIN changing my logon details for what is over a dozen times but with out the forced stop this person will still be using my account details, to use their box.

Any advice on how to get this person gone off my account, would be greatly appreciated as this has gone on long enough.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you do a forced logout and then change your NOW password by following the instructions on this linked article below ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/tips-to-help-you-keep-your-account-secure 

Usually when this is done the unauthorised user would be logged out of the box and won't be able to sign in again because you have changed your password.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you do a forced logout and then change your NOW password by following the instructions on this linked article below ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/tips-to-help-you-keep-your-account-secure 

Usually when this is done the unauthorised user would be logged out of the box and won't be able to sign in again because you have changed your password.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello  @schnapps 

Thank you so much for your very swift reply.  Have now reset password as stated in the link you sent and it's worked a dream.  Hadn't got a clue how to find info needed.

Regards

@sliced_n_diced

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

The procedure has you change your password before the forced stop; if it was the other way round, there would be a window for the stoppee to get back on with the existing password.

An extremely tiny one, though, admittedly; but a window that doesn’t exist when doing it in the right order.

I would also suggest you set a Payment PIN so nobody can buy passes with your money, something you were perhaps lucky didn’t happen before. This will be a wise precaution in case the security breach isn’t in fact over, and the rogue user finds a way to come back (e.g. social engineering on someone you have entrusted with the account details).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hiya, 

This didn't work for me. It signed me out of my phone but none of my other devices, so I assume the person using my account also has access just fine. 

So frustrating.