cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Replacement remote won't connect?

@Anonymous User Try replacing the batteries in case the ones given were faulty. πŸ™‚

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? πŸ™‚
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried that with two sets of different batteries no luck. I must be doing something wrong?
0 Thanks
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The remote itself could be faulty. Does the light on the box flicker when you press the buttons?

Did you buy it from the sky accessories website? You may want to contact sky over it if you bought it from them. πŸ™‚

so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? πŸ™‚
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes bought through Sky website. No signs of life on it at all. The box is on and at the start up screen but nothing on the remote works. Reset the whole thing to factory settings and now even the now tv app won't work.
0 Thanks
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User I just remembered, if you have a smart phone, you can download the roku remote app. (Apple/Google Play). πŸ™‚

Also, you can check if live chat can help you.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/Buying-replacement-parts-for-your-NOW-TV-box

Click "contact us" at the bottom of the link and select 'live chat".

Best on a PC/Mac. πŸ™‚

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your help. Now tv are replacing the box. It seems the sensor on the actual box is faulty.
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: now tv remote doesnt work

Ordered the Now Tv box directly and the remote is just not working at all. I've even changed the battery twice.
0 Thanks
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello πŸ™‚

Have a read of this help page.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-or-accessories

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HELLO, GIVE THE BOX A SMACK, SERIOUSLY, ADVICE I WAS GIVEN 3 YEARS AGO AND
SINCE THEN MY BOX HAS WORKED WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.
0 Thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sounds to me there is possibly a IR receiver fault or some other inherited fault on your white box.

Personally if it was me, i would send the remote controller back to Sky Accessories Store (assuming you purchased it from there) and request a full refund.

Where if i had a TV with a HDMI port, if would pick up the newer nowtv black box with one of the bundled passes which places like Argos, Currys and Sainsburys are selling off cheap at the moment.