cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote on black box playing up

I've had my now tv box just over 2 months and yesterday the remote started acting like the buttons are stuck down. I can't select anything. It's definately the remote because I can use my other now tv remote and everything works fine. Any ideas?
117 REPLIES 117
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ordered the Now Tv box directly and the remote is just not working at all. I've even changed the battery twice.
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

Have a read of this help page.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-or-accessories

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
HELLO, GIVE THE BOX A SMACK, SERIOUSLY, ADVICE I WAS GIVEN 3 YEARS AGO AND
SINCE THEN MY BOX HAS WORKED WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Sounds to me there is possibly a IR receiver fault or some other inherited fault on your white box.

Personally if it was me, i would send the remote controller back to Sky Accessories Store (assuming you purchased it from there) and request a full refund.

Where if i had a TV with a HDMI port, if would pick up the newer nowtv black box with one of the bundled passes which places like Argos, Currys and Sainsburys are selling off cheap at the moment.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Please ignore my previous post i totally misread your post where i wrongly assumed that you had purchased a replacement remote controller for your old white nowtv box which obviously is not the case.

Should have read your post correctly in the first place, where you said that you purchased a brand new box (assuming the black version).

Just follow @caseyb1993 linked article how to return a faulty box under warranty.

Sorry about that.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Ordered the Now Tv box directly and the remote is just not working at all. I've even changed the battery twice.

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hiya! 
It's the Now t.v. roku (black) - and yes it's just the remote not working everything else was set up okay.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I might have to.