cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote on black box playing up

I've had my now tv box just over 2 months and yesterday the remote started acting like the buttons are stuck down. I can't select anything. It's definately the remote because I can use my other now tv remote and everything works fine. Any ideas?
117 REPLIES 117
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have thrown the remote across the room, and then picked up the pieces and reassembled it. It still won't work, and I suggest the makers are crap, the warranty is crap, the whole Nowtv is crap.

Why can't manufacturers supply a remote that works, considering I have four remotes for different units, and they all work fine. Since I cancelled my Nowtv contract, the link to YouTube stopped workimng and asked me to sign in.

Nowtv, Sky, you are #### #### #### #### #### [edited for language]

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for popping by, I'm sorry to hear about your remote woes.

I've dropped you an e-mail about this, please keep an eye out in your Inbox/Spam folders 🙂

Cheers,

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Has someone had this issue with their box?

It receives signal from the remote control for about ten minuets and then after that it doesnt, unless you are standing about a foot away from the box.

I have changed the batteries and the same still happens.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

It sounds to me like a fault.  The remote tends to be sensitive in terms of angle its pointed at the box . but that's the only issue I'm aware of.  If it's under guarantee I would suggest a replacement.  Obv. take/send it to wherever you bought it from, they are responsile.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Pethead65

Thanks, looked for the receipt as was bought almost over a year ago with no joy. 😞 looks like I'll be needing a new box or upgrade.

Chars

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi! I'm trying to use Roku to control Now TV but it cannot locate the device. It's asking for an IP Address. I have no idea where to get this from. Please help...using words an oaf can understand. Cheers.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You don't need to enter the IP address of the box, but you need to wake it up so that it's detected on the network first - pull the power cable out of the back of the box for a few seconds and  reconnect, wait until the white light is solid and not flashing on the front of the box, and then your Roku app should detect your box, you can then connect to it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All, I have a very annoying problem with the remote to my now tv box, it doesn't work, well that's not quite correct the now tv makes a noise when u press the up button and the purple light on the box flashes but that's it, it's been like this for about 6 months to the point where I've shoved it out the way and stopped using it coz theres no point. I have recently changed Internet providers but can't even update the box so now have no Internet to u! Frustrated is an understatment. HELP me please
TIA o
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If your NOW TV box is still under warranty I suggest you return it to your vendor and get it exchanged...

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Also remember that when you change ISPs you also have to change the network name and wi-fi password on the box.

UK Bob