Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: faulty remote controls

@hayleyh

Have you tried rebooting both your nowtv box and Router ?

I am guessing you are using the nowtv black box over WiFi, how close is the Router from the nowtv box, could you run an Ethernet cable to see if you can connect to your home network ?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@hayleyh

Reading your post again, it sounds like either an issue with your nowtv box or connecting onto your Router WiFi home network and not related to the remote controller IMO.

Perhaps try these troubleshooting suggestion on the linked guide help page below.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Troubleshooting-NOW-TV-Box-and-Roku

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Thanks ever so much for your reply.

I turned off my router and Tv box and my remote control worked for about 6 minutes lol.. But that was long enough to connect the internet so I can use the Roku remote app.

It would be nice to continue to use my remote control though.. Any idea why it stops working?

Many thanks 🙂

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@hayleyh

Don't know why your nowtv box remote controller only works for about 6 minutes then stops (thats a weird one, guessing you have tried replacing the batteries).

The black nowtv box remote controller infra red field of view is not the best with the IR on the box on the right hand side corner.

If you turn the box at a 45 degree angle so the infra red receiver on the box is facing more towards you to see if that works.

Also, i would try a forced software update on the box by pressing the following keys (either on the Roku app or remote controller) 5 x Home, 3 x >>, 2 x << to see if that helps in anyway.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Other-app-not-working-NOW-TV-Box

Highlighted
Advocate

Box not receiving remote signal.

Hi,

Has someone had this issue with their box?

It receives signal from the remote control for about ten minuets and then after that it doesnt, unless you are standing about a foot away from the box.

I have changed the batteries and the same still happens.

Thanks

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Box not receiving remote signal.

Hi @ScottRR

It sounds to me like a fault.  The remote tends to be sensitive in terms of angle its pointed at the box . but that's the only issue I'm aware of.  If it's under guarantee I would suggest a replacement.  Obv. take/send it to wherever you bought it from, they are responsile.

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

Please click on Thanks if I've helped.
I'm a Community Contributor not staff, therefore I can help with issues about the service, but not account related issues.
If it solves the problem, please mark it as an accepted solution to help other members.
Thanks!
Highlighted
Advocate

Re: Box not receiving remote signal.

Hi Pethead65

Thanks, looked for the receipt as was bought almost over a year ago with no joy. 😞 looks like I'll be needing a new box or upgrade.

Chars

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

my remote control keeps failing to operate the nowtv box. Yes, I have changed the batteries but if I use the remote inches from the box it works. A remote control means REMOTE not close to the ###### box. This is a #### box and a #### remote. Yes, I have rebooted the box and my Wifi router. It works for about five minutes, then it has a non response from the remote. Why should I have to keep getting out of my armchair to change anything??????? UTTER #### utter ####

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Champion 3

@stephen6

Hi Stephen

You have two choices, with regards to your faulty remote control:

1) You can buy another remote control from the Sky Shop, I believe it costs about £3 or £4.

2) You can download a remote control app (like Romoku) from the Google Play Store, which I use and is free, install the app on your android device and control your Now TV box from there.

UK Bob

Highlighted
Mentor

I have thrown the remote across the room, and then picked up the pieces and reassembled it. It still won't work, and I suggest the makers are crap, the warranty is crap, the whole Nowtv is crap.

Why can't manufacturers supply a remote that works, considering I have four remotes for different units, and they all work fine. Since I cancelled my Nowtv contract, the link to YouTube stopped workimng and asked me to sign in.

Nowtv, Sky, you are #### #### #### #### #### [edited for language]

0 Thanks