cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: new purchase - remote uselss!

Hi @Leofa,

It could be that your NOW TV product is faulty. Sadly things like this do happen from time to time!

In which case I suggest you return it to your original place of purchase and ask for a replacement!

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

0 Thanks
Esor
Occasional Poster

now TV remote does not work brand new

i got this for Christmas and have only opened it now. the remote is kaput. How do I exchange the remote only? The box works, thanks.

0 Thanks
caseyb1993 Champion 1
Champion 1

Re: now TV remote does not work brand new

@Esor I'm sorry to ask a silly question but have you put the batteries in?

Also when you press any buttons, does the white light on the box flash? 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
4268 Champion 4
Champion 4

@Esor the remote field is rather limited you have to point it directly at the corner of your box. Box cannot be behind anything or signal won't work. How do you know that the box works if remote is not working?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor

Chat are open 8am to Midnight:

Contact Now...

Esor
Occasional Poster

Yes. And tried brand new ones in case they were dead.

0 Thanks
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

@Esor

If you believe that your remote is not functioning and you have tried all the advice given by the helpful community forum members then read this guide linked below about exchanging faulty items.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Return-my-NOW-TV-Box

Iansharp
First Poster

Tv remote

Tv remote keep unpairing from tv when i use now tv its a ecostar freesat remote😐
0 Thanks
Highlighted
SeeMoreDigital Champion 5
Champion 5

Re: Tv remote

Hi @Iansharp,

What's the make and model number of your television?

Cheers

• If I've been helpful please press the THANKS button • If I've been really helpful please also press the ACCEPT SOLUTION button • Please note: I'm not a NOW TV employee, I'm a regular NOW TV customer, like you! •

LG TV 1 = Model no: 43UH668V | Software: 04.30.70 | OS: webOS 3.31 • LG TV 2 = Model no: 65UH770V | Software: 04.31.10 | webOS •

All TV's = NOW TV app: 2.27.0 | Post Processing Features: All disabled  • Networking Spec = ISP: Virgin Media (75Mbps) | Devices connection type: Wired | IP address type: Fixed (device permitting) •

Andy Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Tv remote

@Iansharp

Welcome to the forum.

Yep, I know that well, I usd to have an  Echostar freesat box and have suffered the problem! I could even get the NOW TV remote to change channels on the Echostar as well!

Unfortunately there never turned out to be a satisfactory solution from Echostar (and as far as I know they've stopped supporting it now). If you are lucky you might be able to position the NOW TV box far enough away that the Echostar doesn't pick up the NOW TV box remote's IR commands but in most situations this is unlikely, so you are left with remembering to pair up the Echostar with its remote each time you use it (it only takes a couple of seconds, if you don't know already point the Echostar remote at the unit and hold down the OK and adjacent RIGHT arrow buttons together until the LED on the remote flashes twice).

The other solution if you have an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch or Android phone/tablet is to download the official Roku app from the relevant App Store (there's a few unofficial ones, go for the official purple icon one from Roku Inc). This will then allow your tablet/phone to be used as a remote for your NOW TV box and because it communicates over wifi it won't knock the pairing with your Echostar out.

hayleyh
Occasional Poster

faulty remote controls

Firstly I would like to ask how you can actually speak to these people? Anyone have a contact number please?

The remote control doesn't work! I managed to open a chat box on here (which I cant find anymore) and an agent was able to post out another one which I had delivered today. That one doesn't work either Man Sad It's driving me mad. I have a tv box I can't use. 

And yes I know there is an app that I can use but as I haven't been able to connect to the internet via the tv box I can't connect the app either... 

I am slowely going insane!!!!

Helppppppppppppppp!!!!! lol 

0 Thanks