cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote on black box playing up

I've had my now tv box just over 2 months and yesterday the remote started acting like the buttons are stuck down. I can't select anything. It's definately the remote because I can use my other now tv remote and everything works fine. Any ideas?
117 REPLIES 117
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fantastic, thank you so much, just moving the angle of the box has made a huge difference!! So glad there was a simple explanation - will also get the app on my phone though just in case 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User thanks for letting me know, glad it's helped! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am having the exact same problem. ive just opened mine and started setting it up andthe remote is not working! devastated. its the black now box and the app wont work either

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

You won't be able to use the mobile app until after your box is set up, as it uses your wifi network to communicate with it.

Have you tried the advice above to turn your box about 45 degrees clockwise so the IR sensor on the corner of the box is more straight on to you? Also might be worth just double checking the batteries are seated correctly and the right way round in the remote, and try a different set of batteries that you know work properly just in case. Try also to give the remote a gentle tap on its side (not too hard obviously otherwise it really will stop working!)

Unfortunatly if you still have no joy it's possible the remote is faulty and you'd need to return the box to the retailer you bought it from for a replacement. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Follow @Andy sound advice, the white light on the front of the box should flash every time that you push a button on the remote controller.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What does the star button on the remote control do?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I believe it is an option button, if you see the star symbol on your TV screen press this button to give you extra options.

For example if you go to MY Apps you can delete, move apps around the screen etc etc.

Also if you are watching NowTV content it will give you some additional information on screen like what's on now & next etc etc.

Hope that helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Plugged my box in and put batteries in the remote.  Tried using the remote to connect now tv box to wifi but the box seems to put scroll lock on whenever I press a button so I cannot scroll to and select a letter.  INFURIATING.  I spent 5 minutes just selecting the network, now I cannot even enter the network pin to connect the box, rending the whole box TOTALLY USELESS.  Please help.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Quick question, you are trying to setup the black NowTV box from initial setup by entering your WiFI network and your replacement remote controller doesn't work whatsoever.

When you press any of the remote controller keys does the white light on the front of the box flash every time you press a key (make sure that box IR receiver is in direct sight of the remote controller).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for responding.  Black box initial set up.  This is the remote straight from the box, not a replacement.  The light on the box flashes when a button is pressed.  Half the time the box doesn't respond (even though light flashes), half the time it just scroll locks - eg I press right arrow and it scrolls all the way to the right and I CANNOT sleect the letter I want.