cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote on black box playing up

I've had my now tv box just over 2 months and yesterday the remote started acting like the buttons are stuck down. I can't select anything. It's definately the remote because I can use my other now tv remote and everything works fine. Any ideas?
117 REPLIES 117
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Bit obvious, but have you tried new batteries in the remote just in case?

If it seems the remote is definitely not working anymore, you would be eligible for a repair/replacement under warranty, so you could either return to the store you bought it, or if you bought it from the NOW TV website go here

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Replace-faulty-NOW-TV-box

Whilst you are sorting your remote out, if you have an Android or Apple phone/tablet you could download the official Roku app from the relevant App Store and use that to control your NOW TV box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi just purchaesd nowtv with movies set it all up but remote doesnt work replaced batteries and reset everything but still not working can you send me a replacement one that will work thanks

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User when you press the buttons, is there a flashing white light on the box? If there is, it isn't the remote.

Also see this page for more help :

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Replace-faulty-NOW-TV-box

Also if you have an iPhone or android phone, you can download the roku remote app.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

remote doesnt light up at all box just has a static dim light on it

Anonymous User
Not applicable

no flashing lights when i press buttons  on remote

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

It could be the box that has frozen up rather than the remote. Try removing the power cord from the back of the box for a couple of minutes and then reconnecting to try again.

Legend 5
Legend 5
The remote can be temperamental. The field is not great. I have my Now boxes on a slight angle to maximise the field. Where is your box? Have you tried the Roku remote app on your phone to see if it works? You said you have set up the box, I am puzzled as to how you did this with an unworking remote. Do you mean you have plugged it in and connect to the TV? You would need the remote to set up the Wi-Fi on the box and to log in on it.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
ukbobboy
Legend

@4268 @Anonymous User  @Andy @caseyb1993

Well Guys

It could be that SB's box is faulty rather that the remote, either way he should take the box back to the shop (or return it to his online supplier) and exchange it for a new one.

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5
Ukbobboy that's why it has been suggested to try the Roku remote app. It would show if the box or remote is faulty. That being said if the remote is faulty they should be able to get a replacement box with new remote from the retailer.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.