cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote doesnt work after initial setup of box.

As the NowTV App no longer works on my Smart TV I have had to setup the NowTv Box I had

No issues with setting up, connected to Wifi, updated etc. Remote was working just fine

When it took me to the Home Screen the remote no longer does anything, the batteries are new and nothing is in the way. I also did the check in the camera to make sure the IR was working.

I have unplugged box, removed the batteries, clicked the reset button ( which just takes me back to home screen )

Any clue ? Or is it now time to cancel this service as it's proving impossible to watch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you are using the older style remote if you tried the camera trick ?

The older style boxes should have the IR receiver on the right hand corner on the box from memory.

Go right up to the box and try pressing the back button on the remote directly in front of the IR receiver on the box to see if anything happens on your TV screen.

If no joy, then you might have a dodgy IR receiver or box.

Maybe in the short term use the free Roku Remote App which you can download from your smartphone Apps Store to operate the box (where i am assuming you own a smartphone or tablet).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing you are using the older style remote if you tried the camera trick ?

The older style boxes should have the IR receiver on the right hand corner on the box from memory.

Go right up to the box and try pressing the back button on the remote directly in front of the IR receiver on the box to see if anything happens on your TV screen.

If no joy, then you might have a dodgy IR receiver or box.

Maybe in the short term use the free Roku Remote App which you can download from your smartphone Apps Store to operate the box (where i am assuming you own a smartphone or tablet).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried and got no joy with the remote.

The Roku app works just fine though so I can stick with that 👍

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Glad you found a way to continue using your NowTV box 👍.

If you are going to stick with the Roku Remote App on your smartphone, then make sure you don't factory reset your NowTV box, because ideally you need a NowTV remote controller (same type version that came with your box) to initially setup the box from it's factory default setting.