cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote control

I have lost my Now TV remote control.

My Now TV box is a few years old now and has the blue Now TV logo on top and in the front panel.

Will any Now TV remote control work with this box or does each version have its own specific remote control?

Thank you for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You just need the standard IR NOW Remote Controller like the screen shot below.

The red star button can be either red has the photo or black.

If you are going to use the free Roku App on your smartphone from your phone Apps Store instead of a physical NOW IR remote, then you will also need to use a Wake on Lan (WOL) App to initially come out of the NOW Freeview Smart box out of hibernation mode or just temporary disconnect the power to the NOW box every time you want to use it with the smartphone Roku Remote Control App.

image_0.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You just need the standard IR NOW Remote Controller like the screen shot below.

The red star button can be either red has the photo or black.

If you are going to use the free Roku App on your smartphone from your phone Apps Store instead of a physical NOW IR remote, then you will also need to use a Wake on Lan (WOL) App to initially come out of the NOW Freeview Smart box out of hibernation mode or just temporary disconnect the power to the NOW box every time you want to use it with the smartphone Roku Remote Control App.

image_0.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to mention the old white generation 1 NOW infra red remotes also works with your NOW Freeview Smart box.

Also if you are going to use the free Roku Remote App on your smartphone don't factory reset the box (otherwise you need a physical NOW remote to initially setup the box again).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK.

Thanks again.

digga