cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote control not working

Hi all,

All of a sudden my remote control has stopped responding to my black Now Tv box.  I have tried all the suggestions, change batteries, factory reset, nothing works.

I have a second Now Tv box and the remote works fine on that box.  So basically I have two boxes, both remotes work with the second box but neither remotes work with the first box. 

Getting fed up of having to use my mobile as a remote.  It seems pointless buying a new remote as I cannot see how that would work either.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Please help me Smiley Frustrated

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I wouldn't bother buying a new remote, where you have proved that both your existing remotes doesn't work on the effected box.

Sounds like the IR receiver on the box in question as developed an inherent fault.

What happens if you point the remote close within say 100 mm to the IR infra red receiver which from memory is on the front right hand corner of the box.

I don't think this would have any relevance, but what happens if you swap boxes over on the different TV's.

You could try a full factory reset, but if the IR receiver on the box is faulty, then you wouldn't be able to use the NowTV remote App on your phone anymore to setup the box again and the box wouldn't work at all (This would be at your own risk and bear in mind you couldn't use the NowTV remote App and the box would be only good for throwing into the recycling bin).

I am guessing the box is out of it's warranty period from the retailer you bought it from.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps,

Thanks for the prompt response. I will see if the remotes work close up.

Performed a full factory reset last night to no avail.  Fortunately the app still worked on my phone so was able to perform the setup (phew), so from what you're saying it may not be a faulty IR receiver.

Hmmm.....

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

It does sound like a faulty IR sensor on the box, where the nowtv remotes for the boxes work over IR and the Roku remote App on your mobile works on WiFi.

You may have to bite the bullet and buy a replacement box or stick, if you are not prepared to use the Roku Remote App on your phone in the long term to operate the box in question.

Edit - When you say that you setup the box again after a factory reset, was that with the nowtv remote or the App on your mobile ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

App on mobile - Now Tv remotes still not working after full factory reset.