cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re problems with code for now tv box

Hi can anyone help please I bought a now tv black box from someone and connected it to my and set up as far as it says enter this code via nowtv.com but every time I try and enter it it comes up with whoops something is wrong please try again,I have been trying since yesterday also I tried chat to see f they could help but just told me to try the things I’ve already tried etc reset use another browser but still no joy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if following step 5 of this article helps and click on the green NowTV.com/tv with your PC, smart phone or tablet.

If the green link still doesn't work to enter the six digit code that you see on your television, then try a different internet browser with the ad blocker disabled.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-smart-stick

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if following step 5 of this article helps and click on the green NowTV.com/tv with your PC, smart phone or tablet.

If the green link still doesn't work to enter the six digit code that you see on your television, then try a different internet browser with the ad blocker disabled.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-smart-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi thanks the green link didn’t work so I will try another broswer but I’m not sure how to get a browser and block ads ?the code on tv isn’t in caps so I have just been entering it as I see it on my tv 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Microsoft Edge browser works for me where the link definitely is working where i added a new code yesterday, where the six digit code was a combination of lower case letters and numbers shown on my television set.

If a different browser doesn't work, maybe try the browser in a private window or incognito mode.

I am assuming your are based in the UK when attempting to enter the code at nowtv.com/tv ? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I’m in the uk 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What happens if you click on this link below, using your PC, smartphone or tablet internet browser.

Do you see a box on the link webpage to type in the code that you see on your television screen ?

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv

If the box appears and it won't accept your code for some unknown reason, then what happens if you factory reset the NowTV box by holding a pin in the small reset hole on the back of the box for about 30 seconds whilst the box is switch on and start from scratch once again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yea I enter code in a box like on tv it’s strange as when I put the code in it ticks it in green tick like it’s correct but as soon as I click on submit it it come up with whoops somethings wrong please try again,and I also tried reset again and set up and entered code and still no luck so I guess I’ll give up for now as seems somethings wrong but thank you for your help I will get in touch with the person I bought it from and see what she says.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't know what else to suggest to be honest, where i am assuming you have created a nowtv account together with adding your card bank details if you are new to nowtv or you are already an existing nowtv customer.

If the nowtv webpage where you have been entering the code was encountering a temporary online glitch i would have expected more people posting a problem through the course of yesterday & today.

Sorry i couldn't offer any help, where i hope you get sort it out.