cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Software update requests to fix WiFi channel issue - 2.4GHz on auto channel selection

Hi

Can't connect black box on 2.4GHz - auto channel selection. 5GHz ok.

My serial No is 32557H164059.

Thanks, Keith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

My router is by my TV and now box. I have both it and my Amazon box through 5ghz as that doesn't pick up interference from 2ghz devices. My mobile, tablets etc use the 2ghz.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had a similar issue im with virgin media and if the box is not in the same roon then we can only pick up the 5ghz and not the 2.4ghz i think the 2.4ghz has trouble bouncing through the walls

it can also help to change your routers channels to make sure your not on the same channel as your neighbours etc and cut down on unwanted interferience 

but its virgin so called super hun its reallynot to super, i ende dup connecting another netgear router to my superhub and using it as an extender almost and now im sortedthe superhub is not all its said to be

michelle

Legend 5
Legend 5

My router is by my TV and now box. I have both it and my Amazon box through 5ghz as that doesn't pick up interference from 2ghz devices. My mobile, tablets etc use the 2ghz.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.