cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Constantly dropping picture quality

I currently have Now tv running in 3 rooms of the house. Two upstairs and one downstairs in the living room. The one's upstirs on eis through aPS4 and the other through a Nowtv box. The one downstairs is also through a Nowtv box.

The ones upstairs run fine and have clear pictures.  The one downstairs has poor quality. Whilst on the entertainment and movie channels the quality varies from clear to poor. On the sports channels it is poor quality all the time. It's like o

watching off the the streaming sites through the internet.

There is no connection on the back of my box to connect it straight to my router.

Thanks for any help.

Colin.

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just got new now tv box with cinema pass got the same problem picture quality is very poor. Goes from good to bad. Did a live chat with now tv. All they could suggest was i should return my box and get another one.i have two boxes both bought from different places at different times obviously the box is not the problem. Then they tried to say the problem was my internet. I have super fast virgin and all my other streaming service's work perfectly. Now tv had no solution to my problem. So what do i do not watch the movies i paid for. Seems that now tv have my money and don't care. Very poor customer sevice.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
My down stairs box worked fine when i first had it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks got both boxes set on 5g. Same problem on both boxes.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
Just got new now tv box with cinema pass got the same problem picture quality is very poor. Goes from good to bad. Did a live chat with now tv. All they could suggest was i should return my box and get another one.i have two boxes both bought from different places at different times obviously the box is not the problem. Then they tried to say the problem was my internet. I have super fast virgin and all my other streaming service's work perfectly. Now tv had no solution to my problem. So what do i do not watch the movies i paid for. Seems that now tv have my money and don't care. Very poor customer sevice.

If it's not the box then unfortunately there isn't really a lot they can do I'm only on standard broadband and never have any issues however.  When I had virgin broadband I encountered terrible issues with download speed dropping hugely at peak times due to over utilisation in the area, have you tried doing a speed test when you have a drop in picture quality could be a network issue.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

First things first. Can you please confirm the model of your NOW TV playback device?

Is it the NOW TV 'white' (Roku LT) box? Which looks like this: -

white.png

Is it the NOW TV 'black' (4200SK - Roku 3) box? Which looks like this: -

black.jpg

Is it the NOW TV 'smart' (4500SK - NOW TV) box? Which looks like this: -

product-img-smartbox_v4

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I found out that mine was the box. I swapped with one from upstairs and it now works perfectly.
I did buy another box. The black one with an Ethernet connection. But for some reason it wont connect with my internet either wireless or wired.
It see's my internet connection but just won't connect to it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this problem,too. It started after I switched to superfast broadband ( 55 mbps) from slow (less than 4 mbps). Previously, my two white boxes worked perfectly with the slow speed - never a problem with live tv or on demand. After the switch, the programmes began to cut out after ten minutes, the screen went blank, was then succeeded by a strange lurid screen with a colourful NOW logo and various images replacing the O and eventually returned to the home screen. I have since invested in a black box (not smart) and although it does not cut out, the picture constantly freezes while the sound continues, making watching rather tiresome. All other devices, smart tv, computers, etc, work perfectly. Any advice will be warmly welcomed.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

If you are using a wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection, have you selected your routers 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band/channel option?

Your NOW TV box(es) really need to be using your routers 5GHz option. Or better still, use a 'hard-wired' ethernet connection...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice - I will give it a try and report back.