cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harry16
Scholar

Re: Buffering Issue

I have also just got my now TVs box everything is ok apart from I can not get my sky sports to work it's buffering I know my internet is ok because I can get sky sports on my iPad with no problems can anyone please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Harry16

I've moved your post to the NOW TV Box section. Can you please let us know what type of box you are using? 

Have you tried the following steps below:

Is your show still stopping and starting? Try the following:

Exit and restart your show

To do this, press the Back button () on your NOW TV remote. Then just select your show or movie again, and start watching.

Close the NOW TV app

Press Home on your NOW TV remote to exit the app. Then press NOW TV to open the app and try your show again.

Manually adjust your data settings

Changing the amount of ‘bits’ of data (the techie term is bitrate) streaming through your NOW TV Box or Smart Stick could reduce buffering.

Press these buttons quickly on your remote control:

1. Home x5
2. Rewind x3
3. Fast Forward x2

You’ll see a screen with various bitrate options. Just select ‘Automatic’ and try watching your programme again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Karl 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Harry16

I've moved your post to the NOW TV Box section. Can you please let us know what type of box you are using? 

Have you tried the following steps below:

Is your show still stopping and starting? Try the following:

Exit and restart your show

To do this, press the Back button () on your NOW TV remote. Then just select your show or movie again, and start watching.

Close the NOW TV app

Press Home on your NOW TV remote to exit the app. Then press NOW TV to open the app and try your show again.

Manually adjust your data settings

Changing the amount of ‘bits’ of data (the techie term is bitrate) streaming through your NOW TV Box or Smart Stick could reduce buffering.

Press these buttons quickly on your remote control:

1. Home x5
2. Rewind x3
3. Fast Forward x2

You’ll see a screen with various bitrate options. Just select ‘Automatic’ and try watching your programme again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Karl 

Harry16
Scholar

Many Thanks for your help my system is now working fine.