Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quiet... LOUD... Quiet... LOUD

I've tried six movies (from varying decades) and had the same problem:

Dialogue is... very quiet

Sound effects are... VERY LOUD

I had to give up on each film. Dialogue is so quiet I'm turning up the volume, effects are so loud I'm rushing to turn it down seconds later. Then of course it needs turning up again...

I've not had this problem with any other TV source (Internal tuner, VHS, DVD, SKY box, EETV box, casting from my phone).

Does anyone have the same problem with their NowTV Black Box? Does anyone have a suggestion?

Cheers!

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps that worked brilliantly. I could not find any instruction for this setting but you solved it. Just watched a whole episode of The Five and did not have to touch the volume at all. That was a first. Many thanks for your help.

Terry

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip - have had huge swings in sound volume, thought my 6 yo was going deaf at one point.  I changed it to levelling and no probs now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this too loud to low unbearable problem watching movies on now TV.

I do not agree with your member that it's the same on Netflix, it's much, much worse

on now TV.   It's so bad on my Samsung 4K TV that i have to watch movies using subtitles and

i cannot wait until my subscription ends at the end of the month so i can get rid of it.

You will not solve this problem by comparing it to other movie streaming sites that have

similar problems.

It's only when subscribers say "enough is enough" and start cancelling in droves rather than

"putting up with it" that the problem will be sorted out.