cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problems watching movies

Hi, can anyone help with my problem trying to watch movies.  Movie starts but picture will  randomly

go black but sound still playing.  Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

First thing i would try is a different HDMI cable, then if that doesn't work try another HDMI port on your television.

Also, perhaps try changing the Display setting on the NowTV box from Auto to 1080p, then 720p to see if that makes a difference.

Should you be using an external HDMI switch box, then bypass it and plug the box directly into your television HDMI port.

If the fault is still happening, try temporary testing the box on another television.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

First thing i would try is a different HDMI cable, then if that doesn't work try another HDMI port on your television.

Also, perhaps try changing the Display setting on the NowTV box from Auto to 1080p, then 720p to see if that makes a difference.

Should you be using an external HDMI switch box, then bypass it and plug the box directly into your television HDMI port.

If the fault is still happening, try temporary testing the box on another television.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not worked, picture still keeps cutting  out. Driving me  crazy now trying to watch a movie. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Did you try the box on another television if you have a second TV in the home ?

Apart from that see if anything in this trouble shooting guide helps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick