cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problems watching live TV from The Netherlands

We have a NowTV Box and a router with a pre-programmed VPN all issued by NowTV. In the last couple of days it has stopped showing any live TV on either iPlayer or Channel 4. It's as if the VPN has stopped working. I have switched off and done reset etc but nothing has made a difference. I was told in the instructions not to do the factory reset of the router as this would delete the VPN and this would definitely stop connection.

Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Are you in the Netherlands and trying to watch UK TV or vice versa?

If the latter, are you trying to overcome geo restrictions by using a VPN?

If so, why would NowTV be involved in this?

Finally - you were told not to reset the router, since this would stop the VPN; but you did reset it, and the VPN has stopped, and you are wondering why?

If you can please post a clearer description of where you are, what you are trying to do, what VPN this was and who set it up, we can perhaps go from there.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply.

NowTV are involved because I bought the package including the VPN on the router from them.

I have now done a factory reset on the nowtv box and it is working.