cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem logging in to black box on tv

Am having problems logging into now tv via the black box. Keeps telling me that the password or user name is incorrect when it's not and I've checked them on other device and can log in fine. Does anyone else have this issue or can help? Last logged in last night and it was fine. Thanks 

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I was just wondering if the issues you reported to us have been resolved ?

If you could let us know.

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have any of the previous posters had a resolution to the issue reported? I am getting no response from the Now TV techical team.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. When it's a suitable time, try turning your broadband router off for around 15 mins or so, then power back up and try again. That should allocate a new external IP address for you which hopefully NOW TV will recognise as UK based. 

If anyone in the household has made changes to the broadband connection to make it look as if you are not in the UK (eg connecting by a VPN or proxy server, teenagers who watch Netflix US etc) then those changes will stop NOW TV working and need to be removed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your post Andy - sorted!

Having tried all of the Live Chat suggestions (powering everything down are restarting, resetting the box,  changing passwords, etc.) and getting no response from the NowTV technical people I'm pleased to report that your suggestion worked. No obvious actions had been taken to affect the router, but the longer power down on it has worked.

Thank you again.

Bernie

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User glad you're sorted.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

no router as building has free wifi. this d mn box keeps asking to log in  cant create an account to log into..new box and 4 month movies and got nothing

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you create account on pc. Then log in. 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanx mate will try that.