cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pre Show/Movie Adverts... Annoying!

It's now almost 2018 and still there is no option to disable or skip pre-show/movie adverts. I've seen forum posts going all the way back to early 2016 with promises to rectify this issue but still nothing is done.  It really isn't acceptable to force this continued practice when this is a paid-for service. I hope in time this can be fixed, but by the looks of things it never will. 

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They’ll only act with pressure. Mainly from people voting with their wallets or a lot of noise on these forums. 

I currently have the movie, sport and entertainment passes and to have to watch adverts before something is a joke. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelled my subscription. I’m not the only one. Daftest policy I’ve encountered. NOWtv...are you trying to fail? I now recommend to friends Amazon and Netflix. I advise to steer clear of NOW. 

Idiots.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I never had this problem with seeing NOW trailers/adverts until this week when we bought a new TV.  I thought perhaps it was a new thing, but apparently not.  The new TV is a Samsung, the previous one was an LG.  I wonder if they only show on certain TV's?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am so glad quite a lot of people feel the same way about the pre-show adverts. Fair enough they are currently only advertising other content on Now TV but I remember not so long back youtube wasn't riddled with advertising cancer. Another annoying completely unecessary thing is the sectionalising of episodes with the title of what you are watching(& often accompanied by music at a much higher volume than the actual program you are watching) I assume the gaps are there for when adverts previously contaminated the program. Netflix & Prime manage remove or minimalise these so why don't Now TV. I have never forgotten what I am watching at episode 1 or episode 78 in to a box set & if I ever did I could pause it for a fraction of a second to remind myself. The esscence of paying for monthly subscription TV is in part to avoid these distractions-Ketchup Now TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This has made me cancel now tv before; it’s ridiculous.  I don’t want to waste a minute of my life watching adverts for shows I don’t want to watch. I wouldn’t mind if there was a skip button, like in better functioning streaming services, but this pigheadedness in forcing adverts on us is shortsighted. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Couldn't agree more it's driving me nutso! Have complained to Now TV and will also lodge a complaint with Ofcom. Utterly unacceptable to have adverts forced upon me on a paid for service. If I wanted ads I'd have stayed with terrestrial TV and saved myself some money!