cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pre Show/Movie Adverts... Annoying!

It's now almost 2018 and still there is no option to disable or skip pre-show/movie adverts. I've seen forum posts going all the way back to early 2016 with promises to rectify this issue but still nothing is done.  It really isn't acceptable to force this continued practice when this is a paid-for service. I hope in time this can be fixed, but by the looks of things it never will. 

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree. They are p***ing me off now.Tried to watch a Japanese movie and a football ad came on,i hate football!! Lets get a skip button in or i will probably cancel as theyre getting more frequent.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

It's now almost 2018 and still there is no option to disable or skip pre-show/movie adverts. I've seen forum posts going all the way back to early 2016 with promises to rectify this issue but still nothing is done.  It really isn't acceptable to force this continued practice when this is a paid-for service. I hope in time this can be fixed, but by the looks of things it never will. 

@Anonymous User Completely understand where you are coming from in this regard. I too face this every night while i fall asleep to youtube. I'll have to keep feeding this back as i think it would provide more benefits to have a skip button in place, especially for ads that the customer i.e you would have no interest in. Thanks for writing on here guys. The more people that say it, the quicker something can be done. @Anonymous User

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But in Youtube paid versions there are no ads. The only Paid service which is still taking a P** is now tv. extremely annoying 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It does show a contempt for their paying audience. Having a completely over the top "these are the best!" long advert for NowTV programs rammed down your throat all the time defo makes me want to cancel as soon as game of thrones is over.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am also so annoyed at these stupid adverts, normally the advert is for the program I am trying to watch which is even more annoying. Just stick a preview channel on and fill that with the adverts 😩

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please add a skip, Amazon has the ability to skip its own promos and Netflix even lets you skip intros, very handy when binge watching.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not impressed with pre show and movie adverts, having paid for a service it feels like a slap in the face to customers and an inconvenience. If this was a free service like youtube it would be acceptable, however it is NOT and either meed to be removed altogether or compromise on a skip/disable option.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Especially when the adverts are for other programmes on Nowtv! This sort of nonsense makes me more inclined to choose Netflix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just cancelled my subscription.

Unable to skip adverts and it is totally unacceptable on a service I pay for. Vote with your feet, there are plenty of other streaming services out there. I'll be giving my money to one that doesn't pull this nonsense.