cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pre Show/Movie Adverts... Annoying!

It's now almost 2018 and still there is no option to disable or skip pre-show/movie adverts. I've seen forum posts going all the way back to early 2016 with promises to rectify this issue but still nothing is done.  It really isn't acceptable to force this continued practice when this is a paid-for service. I hope in time this can be fixed, but by the looks of things it never will. 

25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I absolutely agree. This is a paid service, so either get rid of the adverts or put a skip button in. If not I will join everyone else and cancel my subscription
Anonymous User
Not applicable

people shouldn't be needed to ask for a skip button, I understand for catch up channels like Iplayer and such, but for the PAID subscriptions which people have bought to watch these movies also having ads... NOT ACCEPTABLE. Its an absolute disgrace... but this is SKY afterall... Money MONEY MONEY is the name of their game. Its now Augest of 2018 and still nothing has changed. Will be definitly cancelling with NowTV and will be finding a service which cares about its customers enjoyment rather than profit margin. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All three programmes I've watched this morning have had ads, it's getting ridiculous now. It's a paid for service there should be a skip button! Some of the ads have given me ideas of things to watch but others I want to be able to skip as they aren't of any interest to me.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been using nowtv on a Samsung tv with the built in app and have never had any adverts. I’ve just bought the new nowtv stick for another older tv, and even though it works great there are ads before every programme. How can a paid service be doing this on different devices. Even the awful app on the Apple TV doesn’t have ads..I might have to return this stick if there isn’t an update to remove them.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It really winds me up to have to sit through some promo when I'm just trying to watch something I've paid for. Why would Now TV choose to p me off before every show? I'm left with an overwhelmingly bad opinion of the service. Surely not the emotional response they want from their customers. So why not give us what we want and ditch the ads (or at least add a skip button)? We're paying for it after all.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Yes, please make these trailers skippable.  I'm trying less new content because I find the trailers so annoying.  Just make them skippable so that people who want to watch them can do so and everyone else can skip them.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nice to see a reply from a nowtv stooge in December and yet still nothing has changed.

if you gonna force ppl to watch ads then reduce your damn monthly price. £10 a month should guarantee no ads at all.

Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Raizurhk You pay £10 per month?...I've been with NOW TV for over a year and have never paid anywhere near that amount per month (average for movies PM £2.50-£3.30) ..No one is forcing you to watch, just be thankful there aren't adverts during the duration of films!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh thats what we need to be, thankful that they don't play them during the movie... what sort of level of thinking is that hahaha for movies and box sets we are paying £27 a month... and still are being forced to watch adverts, WHICH BY THE WAY, was the main attraction to these sort of services, was that there are no ads. its just funny to hear someone try and make it sound not as bad because they don't play them during the movie... like thats an acomplishment, or something we NEED to be grateful for even though people are PAYING for this service. But SKY JUST WANT MORE MONEY. Owned by one of the big 6, theres no way they will put aside that motive or agenda to brainwash the population with advertisment... ###### heads. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Already considering cancelling, great shows and the user interface finally I like but I pay for a service and I'm forced to watch add's? 

This ain't a free version, we pay for it, YouTube yes it's a free service and a 5 second add I can live with, on here no way.