cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KJRegan
Contributor 1

Pre Show/Movie Adverts... Annoying!

It's now almost 2018 and still there is no option to disable or skip pre-show/movie adverts. I've seen forum posts going all the way back to early 2016 with promises to rectify this issue but still nothing is done.  It really isn't acceptable to force this continued practice when this is a paid-for service. I hope in time this can be fixed, but by the looks of things it never will. 

21 Replies
Kramer
First Poster

Re: Pre Show/Movie Adverts... Annoying!

I agree. They are p***ing me off now.Tried to watch a Japanese movie and a football ad came on,i hate football!! Lets get a skip button in or i will probably cancel as theyre getting more frequent.
NOW TV Team Tony-D
NOW TV Team

@KJRegan wrote:

It's now almost 2018 and still there is no option to disable or skip pre-show/movie adverts. I've seen forum posts going all the way back to early 2016 with promises to rectify this issue but still nothing is done.  It really isn't acceptable to force this continued practice when this is a paid-for service. I hope in time this can be fixed, but by the looks of things it never will. 

@KJRegan Completely understand where you are coming from in this regard. I too face this every night while i fall asleep to youtube. I'll have to keep feeding this back as i think it would provide more benefits to have a skip button in place, especially for ads that the customer i.e you would have no interest in. Thanks for writing on here guys. The more people that say it, the quicker something can be done. @Kramer

Oriax
Contributor 1

Please add a skip, Amazon has the ability to skip its own promos and Netflix even lets you skip intros, very handy when binge watching.
kyo
First Poster

Not impressed with pre show and movie adverts, having paid for a service it feels like a slap in the face to customers and an inconvenience. If this was a free service like youtube it would be acceptable, however it is NOT and either meed to be removed altogether or compromise on a skip/disable option.
Jamesd85
First Poster

I absolutely agree. This is a paid service, so either get rid of the adverts or put a skip button in. If not I will join everyone else and cancel my subscription
sbarker14
Occasional Poster

All three programmes I've watched this morning have had ads, it's getting ridiculous now. It's a paid for service there should be a skip button! Some of the ads have given me ideas of things to watch but others I want to be able to skip as they aren't of any interest to me.
Mark58
First Poster

I’ve been using nowtv on a Samsung tv with the built in app and have never had any adverts. I’ve just bought the new nowtv stick for another older tv, and even though it works great there are ads before every programme. How can a paid service be doing this on different devices. Even the awful app on the Apple TV doesn’t have ads..I might have to return this stick if there isn’t an update to remove them.
Moob
Contributor 2

It really winds me up to have to sit through some promo when I'm just trying to watch something I've paid for. Why would Now TV choose to p me off before every show? I'm left with an overwhelmingly bad opinion of the service. Surely not the emotional response they want from their customers. So why not give us what we want and ditch the ads (or at least add a skip button)? We're paying for it after all.
DarylM Expert 5
Expert 5

Yes, please make these trailers skippable.  I'm trying less new content because I find the trailers so annoying.  Just make them skippable so that people who want to watch them can do so and everyone else can skip them.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

0 Thanks